[This page on winbuilder.net — This page on SourceForge.net]
What is LiVista Rescup?
LiVista Rescup is a program that you can store on a USB pen drive or
floppy disk and run from within the Vista Setup. It will automagically
load a nice environment (with taskbar, explorer etc.) you can use as a
Information about LiVista Rescup
Thread in BootLand Forum -
- Copy rescup.bat and rescup.dat onto a USB stick or onto a floppy
- Boot Windows Vista Setup. When using an USB key, attach the USB key
before booting the setup. Wait until the welcome screen appears.
- Confirm the first two dialogs, by clicking "Next" and "Install Now".
- The background changes color and the product key dialog appears.
- Now press Shift+F10.
- You may now run notepad and use its File|Open command to determine
the drive letter of your USB stick. Close notepad again.
- When using a floppy, insert the floppy now and enter A:\rescup at the prompt.
When using an USB key, run L:\rescup at the prompt (replace the
drive letter appropriately)
- Select the Edition of Windows Vista to use the files from and press OK.
- Select additional components to load and press OK.
- Wait until you see the task bar appears
- You can now load an explorer by selecting "Computer" from the start menu.
- You can also run any portable apps you have on your USB key.
- When finished with using the rescue system, open the start menu and
to shutdown the PC.
If you have any questions or if you want to contribute, you can
contact me by email:
rescupwebsite.mihi42 (at) safersignup.com
See the SourceForge page.